Thursday 23 June 2011

Ideas that I have thought of...

Last night, after having a reasonably bad day, I managed to turn my bad experiences into scenes I could possibly use for a trailer of a rom-com or a comedy. If I created this trailer, I would have called it "Life's Too Short", but of course with my luck, I went onto youtube to find that Ricky Gervais is creating a sitcom for the BBC with exactly the same title! So I may have to create another title...


I'm still undecided which task I want to do, but now that have more ideas for the movie trailer task, it is possible that I may decide to this.


The movie trailer would be about a girl who experiences bad luck on daily basis. She decides that "life's too short" to be in bad mood and tries to think more positively by fighting her negative thoughts. This is all I have thought of so far but if I decided to do this project, I would develop the plot line later on.


The scenes I have thought include:




  • Getting stuck in a toilet cubicle and having to climb out. Then someone walks in when she's climbing.

  • Kicking a fence out of anger and getting barked at by dogs.


  • Wanting to throw something out of anger but only having a phone to throw. She decides to throw the back cover of her phone instead because her phone is too precious. The throwing failed and it might as well been a frisbee.


  • Almost getting run over by the bus she's wanting to get on.

As I said, these were bad experiences that happened to me yesterday that I've developed for comedic effect. Not sure which one's I would use either as some of them may not come across as funny on screen, but I'd definitely use the one with the toilet cubicle!

And just to prove it to you, here is the evidence that Ricky Gervais is making a sitcom called "Life's Too Short"...






It's fair to say I'm annoyed about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment