Tuesday 6 September 2011

More ideas I have come up with

So, at the moment, I am currently stuck between three main ideas for my video project. I have decided to write down the pros and cons of them all in order to help me decide.

Raise Your Glass - Pink

The theme for this music video is going to be about being a teenage outcast. In the video, there will be a gang of outcasts called the "underdogs", terrorising the school and defeating their bullies.
I like the theme of this music video because it follows the current tropes of todays music videos. Plus I think it would be a fun project to do. However, my concerns are props, costumes and locations for the video.

Perfect (clean version) - Pink

The theme for this music video is about a typical teenage girl only her insecurities gets the better of her. She's bullied at school, feels that she has to make herself skinnier to feel prettier and has turned to self harming (not sure whether to keep that part in though). However, her "conscience" is trying to tell her that she is perfect but can't seem to get the message across.
I think this will be quite challenging to do in terms of editig because I was thinking of doig some cloning in the video which I learnt how to do with the video tutorial below. However, as the video says, I need to get the lighting exactly right in each clip. Also, the storyline may be a bit confusing or chessy for some people. But then again, it is a music video!




Jar of hearts - Christina Perri

The theme of this getting over a heart break. Typical scenario of a typical break up-girl finds out she's been cheated on (several times?) and is now coming to terms with it.

Again, this may be challenging in terms of editing as I have an idea of having the events where the girl isn't singing in the video in reverse such as the music video below. Then towards the end of the song, the lyrics are "I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed", which gave me an idea that at the end of the video, she could prevent herself from dating him. (it makes sense in my head, don't worry). Only trouble I'd have is with casting really.




Short film (undecided title)

The scene starts with a mother leavig a message on a girl's mobile phone. The girl is the room but doesn't answer it. Her mother says that she's sorry for fighting earlier and that she's looking for her. The daughter grabs a pen and notepad and writes a letter saying how she is sorry but ends the letter with "but now you won't have to deal with me anymore." During the film, it looks as if the girl is suicidal but there's a clever twist at the end (well I think it's clever).

This is a tricky one. As much as I love the idea of it, I think it may be a bit to depressing for me to do this time around. Maybe I could do it in my own time one day.
So overall, I think I'm settled with doing a music video. Now all I need to do is decide which song I'm going to use. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment