Wednesday 5 October 2011

Music Video Questionnaire - Results

So overall, I collected results from 22 people. Here are there age ranges and genders:
In my survey, I collected quantitative data. Here are the questions I asked and the responses given:

These results show that music videos are still a popular form of media, especially with young people. However, the way we view them is clearly changing.
People like the music video to be related to the song. If it doesn't, then people become confused and may instantly dislike the song. However, they don't have a preference when it comes to the tone of a music video. I'm guessing as long as it is good quality music video, it doesn't really matter.

Majority of people think that the pace of the video should be in sync with the pace of the song. Too fast or too slow may again instantly put people off the video or even the song and artist. I will have to consider this when creating my video as the song goes at a medium pace. They also like the idea of a hidden moral in the music video. This is good as my music video has a hidden moral, which is that you should think of yourself as perfect and not let the bullies get you down.

As well as collecting quantitative data, I also collected qualitative data in my survey by asking what were peoples favourite/least favourite music videos and why. Here are the general reasons I was given:

Favourite video:
  • Good location
  • Humourous storyline
  • Awesome dancing
  • Beautiful cinematograhy
  • Shows emotion
  • Makes you think
  • Highlights current issues
  • Good props
  • Interesting theme that relates to the lyrics
Least favourite video:
  • Lame visual effects in the background
  • Innappropriate and crude
  • Over the top
  • Too weird
  • Overrated
  • Just dancing-boring after a while
  • Just hate the song!
This has helped me see what generally people like and dislike. I therefore will take all of these answers into consideration when I am creating my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment