Friday 2 December 2011

Music Poster


The picture above was the first draft of my music poster. I thought that it looked alright but I decided to do something else, which is a little bit similar but still quite different.



Above is another draft of my digipack poster. It's a bit more interesting to look at I feel as we can actually see the artist and has more information on it/text that is conventionally on these types of poster (e.g. the pull quote from a well known music magazine). Below is how I created the poster:

So first of all I got a print screen from my music video because by the time I wanted to get photos of the artist, she had completely changed her hair.


I then opened up Photoshop Elements where I had the idea to add lyrics of the song onto the picture (to link it to my hand written letter in the music video).


I experimented with the colours of the font for a while. I thought of maybe using pink to link it back to the branding of the artist but when I tried this out, it didn't look as good as I'd hoped.


Next I used an eraser tool with a blurred edge to fade out the text layer around the artist. Then I set the layer effect to Soft Light to make font appear more faded. After this, I added on more lyrics around Kirsten's head.



In Picasa, I added a Holga-ish effect onto the picture. Then in paint a black box at the bottom of the picture. You can see below that I again experimented with the colour pink by adding a pink tint onto the picture. Again though, I decided not to for the same reason as before.


Finally, I added on the digipack cover and the font in the black box to finish off my poster.

But then looking at other posters, I decided to change it once more as I felt it wasn't advertising the digipack well. Below is the final digipack poster:




No comments:

Post a Comment